National Provider Code: 91798
Student Entry Requirements
To do this course a student must possess or do the following;
- Completion of a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Must be 18 years old or over
- Must complete an LLN Assessment with a minimum result of Exit Level 3. Your assessment result will be kept on file for a minimum of 5 years.
- You must have access to a computer with internet access
Tuition Fee: $12,990
Mode of Payment
Students have the option of:
- Upfront Payment
- An installment arrangement
- VET LOAN Scheme Assistance
Note: Prospective students must seek financial advice if seeking to obtain a VET LOAN Scheme.
Mode of Study
Face to Face, online or combination
1 year for full time studies, 2 years for part-time studies
Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Pathways into this qualification
For any Credit Transfer or RPL, please contact us at email@example.com
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- after achieving ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT40415.
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations or support coordinator/technician.
- Paid or unpaid work experience in the IT Industry
To present qualifications obtained overseas, prospective students must submit an official acknowledgement of an equivalent qualification from a relevant organization, please click here for more information.
Pathways into future qualifications
- Successful completion of this qualification prepares graduates for further studies in ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security, or a range of other ICT Advanced Diplomas or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
- Merage Global Institute Of Technology – 91798 has approved articulation arrangements with Southern Cross University (SCU), recognising the learning students complete within ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking for entry into the first or second year of a related SCU course, with maximum credit for prior learning. Read more here.
- On successful completion of the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking course, students are eligible to enter the Bachelor of Networking delivered by the Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT), Sydney. (8 unit credits will be awarded towards your degree). For all other degrees clarify with your desired University for more information.
Course Structure and Competency Units
- 5 Core Units of Competency
- 11 Elective Units of Competency
- Total of 16 units of competency
Core/Elective Units of Competency
Students will need satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT50415 Diploma in Information Technology Networking. These are listed in order of their delivery.
|Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment
|Match IT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
|Install and manage complex ICT networks
|Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
|Produce an ICT network architecture design
|Configure an internet gateway
|Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment
|Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment
|Design and implement an integrated server solution
|Design Build and test a network server
|Install, configure and test a server
|Install and maintain valid authentication processes
|Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
|Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
|Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
|Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network
Sample Assessment method that may be used but not limited to:
- Written Assessment
- Lab Observation Task
- Practical Task
- Project/ Report
Vocational Outcomes/Job Roles
This qualification has a strong ICT (Information Communication Technology) networking base, which includes server technology, network infrastructure, virtualisation and security. Possible job roles include:
- network administrator
- IT administrator
- IT operations administrator
- network services administrator
- network support coordinator
- network operations analyst
- network security coordinator
- network e-business coordinator.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to manage, as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team, the installation of a range of networks including inter-networking, security and e-business integration.
Detailed information on the employability skills gained during this certification is available online here.
Value Added Feature of this qualification: Industry Certifications
By choosing to do an ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking, a student will be assisted to prepare for two industry recognised qualifications to complement their diploma. These two qualifications include:
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate): A student will study to become an MSCA throughout the duration of this diploma course and after passing three corresponding MCSA exams (70-410, 70-411 and 70-409), they will receive their MCSA. A student studying their MCSA will specialise in Windows Server 2012. We have chosen this specialisation for students because it is closely related to networking and as so, complements the ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking by providing students with further expertise in this area of study. By completing an MCSA a student will gain the necessary prerequisite for more advanced Microsoft certifications such as the MCSE, MCSD, MCPS and MCT, these can be completed through further study in the future, should a student wish to advance even further with the skills gained during this course.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate): CCNA is a CISCO qualification that is relevant to students who are considering a career in IT Networking. By preparing for this qualification and passing the corresponding CISCO exam (200-120), a student will graduate with the knowledge and the skillset required to manage and maintain a small to medium sized enterprise network infrastructure.
VET LOAN Scheme
With a VET LOAN Scheme loan you can defer the payment of your course, until you’re earning over the minimum income amount of $54,869 per annum.
For further VET LOAN Scheme information for domestic students, please Click Here; Fill the online application form for an appointment with one of our course advisers or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org