Starting Your Pathway To A Better Future
To study in Australia you'll need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government. Prime Learning Centre can help you with every step of the process, from choosing your course to arranging your visa. Before getting started, there are a range of entry requirements you will have to meet. Once you have understood the requirements to study, you can start to look into the courses we offer and how we can help with arranging your enrollment and visa.
Can I study in Australia?
To begin studying in Australia, there are a range of entry requirements you may have to meet:
English language requirements
In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test. Be aware that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. Speak to one of our consultants to find out more about the specific requirements for each of our courses.
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so contact us to discuss the requirements for your choice of course.
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study:
- English language - Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study.
- Schools - Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be studying in. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training - In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
- Tip: To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider taking a Foundation course. Also called bridging study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet the entry requirements. They are usually one year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate. Prime Learning Centre will help with issuing you this once your enrollment is completed.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (opens in a new window) website.
- Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Overseas Student Health Cover
Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It will help you pay for medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia; it will also contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines and an ambulance in an emergency. When studying in Australia, you will need OSHC for yourself, and any family travelling with you, before you arrive. It is a requirement of your student visa that you maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.
Arranging Your Student Visa
Once you've decided to take the step and study in Australia, one of the most important steps is the process of applying for your student visa. At Prime Learning Centre we help all of our students get in touch with a professional and expert Migration Consultant. Our recommended Migration Consultant will be able to arrange everything you need in order to start studying in Australia.
Our Professional Migration Consultant can help with:
- Provide information on your Australian student visa
- Assist in arranging an your Australian student visa
- Arrange your Australian student visa collection
- Arrange your Australian student visa renewal(s)